|September 1999 - Present
||AutoWeb Communications, Inc.
Web Application Development as a Senior Software Engineer
- Programming in C, C++ and Perl on AIX, Linux and Solaris.
- Leading a team of 3-5 developers.
- Architecting a scalable application framework.
- Management of source code management tools (CVS and BitKeeper)
- Managing the rollout, installation and update process.
- Configuration and maintenance of DNS (BIND8)
- Configuration and maintenance of email (Exim3/4)
- Database design, installation and maintenance (PostgreSQL 7)
- Converted a clumsy compilation environment into an easily understood non-recursive Makefile system, with partially auto-generated dependencies.
- Redesigned the existing application model into a database driven, mod_perl based system that has plans for scalability built in.
- Implemented source code version control
- Implemented package based software installation, as well as a local "Apt" repository for delivery of software.
- Instituted both design and code reviews.
- Use of virtualization technology (User Mode Linux) as a test bed for software updates.
|September 1998 - September 1999
Assigned to DaimlerChrysler
- Provided Unix (AIX and IRIX) support for suppliers using software
developed and/or customized by DaimlerChrysler for CAD data
- Maintained supplier-related websites
- Participated in training of Business Partners.
|May 1997-August 1998
||Wayne State University - College
of Urban, Labor, and Metropolitan Affairs
Student Network Administrator
- Installed and managed Netware 4.10, with both Macintosh and Windows clients.
- Client support of Windows 95, Macintosh System 7.x and 8.0, and Windows NT 4 (server and workstation).
- TCP/IP configuration and installation on all platforms, as well as IPX connections to the Netware server.
- Administered a Macintosh AppleShare server.
|January 1996 - December 2000
Duties (and services) Provided:
- Web site hosting, development and administration
- Developing and supporting web sites for clients
- Administering Apache, and MS Frontpage Extensions in a Sun Solaris environment (2.5 and 2.6). Later, on GNU/Linux (Debian).
- User and file-system maintenance, as well as application installation. (gcc, ssh, apache, procmail)
|September 1996 - May 1997
||Wayne State University - Electrical
and Computer Engineering
- Printer repair
- Computer setup and repair
- Some Solaris and SunOS work
- Some Macintosh repair.
- Windows 95 and Windows NT administration.
|November 1994 - September 1996
||Aon Consulting (formerly HRStrategies)
Computer support Intern
- Windows 3.1 and Windows 95 installation and support.
- Minor Macintosh support.
- Novell Netware 3.11, 3.12 and 4.0 installation, configuration and support.
- Arcserve 5.1g and 6.0 installation and administration.
|November 1992 - November 1994
Cashier and Corporate Sales Clerk
|September 1993 - May 1994
||Warren Consolidated Schools
Computer Lab Assistant